Wednesday, September 30, 2015
The Ontario Sidesaddle Association (OSA), invites all to the second annual Eastern Canadian Side Saddle Open House in the Guelph area - Sunday, October 18, 2015.
The seasoned or the curious are welcome to tour the facility, at no cost, 10:00am to 4:00pm.
Wander through the vast sidesaddle collections on display, admire the English and Western sidesaddle riding demonstrations and try out this ‘Downtown Abbey’ riding style yourself, on a safe saddle stand.
New this year – unique equestrian items raffle.
For more information, contact Pam Hope, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted by Rosie Aside at 12:49 PM
Saturday, June 6, 2015
When:Sunday, October 18, 2015
10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Rain or shine (indoor arena)
Where:Willow View Springs / Lois & Lloyd Beecraft
Breslau, Ontario N0B 1M0
From 401, follow Hwy. 6 North (Hanlon Parkway) for about 20 minutes.
Turn west on Paisley to the "T" junction at Guelph-Woolwich Townline.
Turn north to number 5288.
Please note: Google maps and GPS do not show correct location.
What to See:English and Western
Riding demonstrations throughout the day.
Admire several personal and vast collections of over 60 sidesaddles and accessories.
- All riding disciplines and breed types welcome.
- No experience or skill required.
- Try it out and convince yourself how fun sidesaddle riding can be.
- "Have a sit" on a secure saddle stand.
- Dress up in a riding habit or costume and have your photo taken.
- Bring your questions or queries--representatives from the Ontario Sidesaddle Association are eager to help.
- Ask how sidesaddle can help disabled riders.
- Ride Downton Abbey style, yesterday's tradition today.
Check us out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/192748950745607/
Pam Hope 905-642-2865 (leave message)
Posted by Rosie Aside at 10:48 AM
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
WE ARE SAD TO REPORT THE HAMILTON HUNT NIGHT EVENT
HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
STAY TUNED FOR INFORMATION ON FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES
WITH THE HAMILTON HUNT
Objective: To provide interested riders with tack, apparel, and skill set, to participate in an” Introductory Ladies Side Saddle Class”
Pre-Requisite: Riders should currently have basic walk, trot, and canter riding skills. The horse and rider should be safe and reasonably comfortable in a public riding area while in the company of other horses.
OSA Role in Supporting this Class
TO OFFER A: “Preparation and Participation Package”
Class Room Presentation
This would be an information session open to all those interested in side saddle including those who may not necessarily be riding in the upcoming show.
Topics covered: (emphasize these sessions are for “the show”)
- Discuss Fit and Sizing of Saddle to Rider
- Basic Position of Rider in the Saddle
- Discuss Clothing: Habits: Informal will be acceptable i.e brown, tweed, or combination colours such as navy jacket with rust apron etc. NO period costumes or western outfits for this occasion. Hunting appointments are optional: sandwich case, string gloves. Whips, helmet or bowler or top hat to be determined. Also whips/canes that will be allowed.
- Class Format:
- Enter at walk or trot ?
- Which rein?
- Elements of class i.e. halt on the rail? Which method to change rein? Etc No Hand Gallop
- fitting side saddle to horse
- briefing on ways to “accommodate fit for this occasion
- mounting with mounting block
- basic position at the walk and trot (not rising)
- cantering (optional)
- review tacking up
- review mounting for this show
- review position at walk, trot and canter (cantering will be rider’s choice)
- wear an apron and jacket
FULL PACKAGE – Includes riding instructions/saddle/apparel
PARTIAL PACKAGE – Includes riding instruction and apparel
INSTRUCTIONAL PACKAGE – includes riding instruction – riders has own saddle and apparel
CLASSROOM PRESENTATION ONLY
Event Dates :
Classroom presentation: Tuesday April 21, 2015
Location: Willow View Springs – Breslau
For further information contact : Lois Beecraft at 519-648-3330
or email: email@example.com
Joanne Milton at 519-855-6865
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Rosie Aside at 12:07 AM
Monday, January 12, 2015
Montgomery-Ward catalogue saddle for sale. 4-leaf clover design on conchos, might be one missing. Tiny rip on seat, needs small amount of stitching. Original rigging. 15" seat. Grimsby area. Contact me and I will put you in touch with the owner. Sorry, I don't know the asking price. email@example.com
Posted by Rosie Aside at 6:33 PM